Friday, November 21, 2008

Lilac Rain At Rothbury

Phil Lesh and Friends
Live at Rothbury Music Festival
July 6, 2008

Here Comes Sunshine + *
Althea +
China Cat Sunflower +
Mexican Girl +
Dire Wolf
About Cell Block #9
Sugaree *


Help on the Way
Slipknot
Franklin’s Tower *
Eyes of the World
Uncle John's Band
Mountains of the Moon
Unbroken Chain
New Speedway Boogie
Fire on the Mountain

Donor Rap/Intros

Encore~ Dancin’ in the Streets*

+ w/ Warren Haynes
* w/ Teresa Williams


Phil has been rocking my world with this band since the very first night I saw them all together in Santa Barbara in 2007. My first thought was damn Phil looks great, second thought, who is this Jackie Greene? Wow… I am now a huge Jackie Greene fan, and have seen him several times with his own bands as well. This is by far in my honest option the best band Phil and Friends has had ever, minus the very first magically night in Berkeley in 1994. ;-)

The Rothbury Music Festival was just mind blowing. And if the line up is anything like this past year, I will for sure be there.

Phil and Friends closed out the festival on Sunday night, played to the early morning of Monday. P&F were outstanding as always. Nice having Warren Haynes (normally not a huge Warron fan) sit in, his Athena was really lovely. Anytime I just to hear this band play Sugaree, you know it is a great night.
The moment Phil sang out Lilac Rain, I felt raindrops. Magic…

Enjoy,

Sunny

Click Here For Link To The Show On Archive.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

well, you know I like this one.